Sunday, August 8, 2010

Off to Denver for the IBA National Meeting

The Iron Butt Association National Meeting will take place August 12 - 15 in Denver, CO. Denver is only about 650 miles from my home but I've decided to make it a leisurely, flower sniffin ride so am departing on Monday, August 9. I intend to ride to Bluff, UT on Monday so I can watch the Spank Rally riders come in to the checkpoint, also in Bluff, UT on Tuesday.

Tuesday's schedule is to take scenic byways in Colorado and maybe end up in Grand Junction. Or, who knows? That's what I love about flower sniffin trips....no particular destination, just whatever catches my fancy.

Wednesday should put me in Denver ready for the IBA National Meeting. There are a number of seminars, speakers, demonstrations and vendors scheduled. I'm definitely going to attend the tire plugging demo and perhaps have a go at it myself. I think this would be a good skill to learn.

I'm excited to renew friendships and meet people I've only chatted with in cyberspace. It's always great to put a face with a name. I'll try to remember to take lots of pictures and post them here with a full report when I return.

OMG!!!! Denver trip for a week, home for a week, then.......the big 10n10 Rally!

Later,
Cletha

No comments:

Post a Comment