Sunday, December 6, 2020

Scooterin' on Mississippi Backroads

 Eric mapped us a wonderful 80 mile scooter ride that avoided major highways in our little Northeast corner of Mississippi!  He kept us to small two lane, one lane and goat track roads.  No off pavement today but still a stellar day of riding the Honda ADV 150 scooters!



Getting ready to leave the house, Eric checked tire pressures and made sure both scooters were ready to roll.  It was about 60 degrees and overcast.  I bundled up in my LD Comfort under garments, fleece top and Klim gear top and bottom.  I added a buff around my neck to keep out the cool air.  Remember last blog?  Where I said no more cold riding until I had heated grips?  Well, guess what?  My honey installed heated grips for me.  Oh JOY!

Before we started our exploring we scooted down the road to collect Penguins which was the most current Iron Butt Photo Tag.  I thought I had been "Bruced" but turns out the guy who grabbed the tag couldn't post a new one because his phone died!  Score for me 😉 For those "in the know" no explanation of Bruced needed.  For those who don't - being Bruced means someone got the tag before you did.  This expression started on ADVRider.com and a motorcycle tag game that is played there.  Originally, Bruce was always getting tags and others would post only to find Bruce had already scored the tag.  Thus, if you're Bruced, someone else got the tag before you could post!  Anyway, although officially "Bruced" the tagger gave it to me because he couldn't post a new tag.  Later you'll see my new tag post.


After grabbing the Penguins we headed out east on the Scooter Adventure!  Honestly, we never stopped once but for a few photos.  We just rode on glorious back roads, enjoying the scenery and occasionally dodging stupid dogs that liked to chase scooters.  I just followed my honey and he gave me turn by turn directions via our Sena 20S Evo comm system.  I'm good with that.  Gives me plenty of time to gawk and today's ride gave me a lot to gawk at!  Such rural roads with surprises at every turn.  I was happy to go slow and look around!

Not too many miles into our ride we turned onto a one lane road.  Oh, so pretty!  Views from almost much every direction 😂





Then it was more tootling along on the scoots until we encountered an Historical Maker with weeds growing up trying to devour the sign.



The Historical Marker is what I used for the new tag on the Iron Butt Photo Tag game!

We continued our pleasant ride staying to the back roads and finally arrived at an entrance to the Natchez Trace.  Surprised?  I didn't think so.  Hahaha.




From here it was only about 10 miles to home and I was glad about that as the temperatures started to drop and I was feeling cold.  The heated grips worked fantastic and the controller allows me to set them at 30, 40, 50, 75 and 100 percent!  I watched my volt meter and the draw from the grips was very minimal.  Great!  I'm sure I can use both my heated jacket and grips together and not draw to much from the bike.

As I said, I was starting to get cold but we were so close to home it didn't make sense to remove the fleece and replace it with the heated liner.  No biggie!  However, when we got home a short while later I quickly made a hot chocolate laced with Kahlua to warm me up 😗

We had a glorious scooter ride and explored new to us roads.  I now have about 3,100 miles on the scooter and Eric has about 5,400 miles on his scooter!  They are the bomb!  Go anywhere and everywhere little scooties.  The only place we can't take them is on the Interstate and major go fast highways.  I'm good with that.  The slow adventure is a good thing, especially when you're retired and have the time, hahahaha.

With shorter days and colder weather I'm not sure when our next Blues Trail blog will happen.  We'll just keep an eye out for a window of predicted good weather and hope we don't get caught in some nasty business!  Until then, it will be local riding and exploring.

Thanks so much for following along.  The Honda ADV150 scooters are awesome and we're loving our Shad cases and our LDComfort under garments.  We will continue to farkle and refine the scooters to prepare for the Scooter CannonBall Run next summer.  Oh boy, it's going to be great.

Today's adventure had no encounters with other peeps or food places so I'll just have to say effin' COVID.  Can't wait until we can comfortably move about freely and mingle with peeps again!

Sure do love y'all for following along.  Please leave comments!  If you're interested in Shad accessories or LDComfort goodness, give me a shout and we'll hook you up with some awesome discounts!

Cheers and love to all,

Cletha & Eric




6 comments:

  1. Another fun ride, thanks for sharing! So much history and lovely backroads there to explore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks! It was fun to get out for a few hours and explore our local area. And, of course, the scooters just add to the fun!

      Delete
  3. Definitely enjoying the adventures - keep 'em a comin' -pp

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Peter! So glad you are enjoying our adventures as are we! New blog post soon ;-)

      Delete