Sunday, October 18, 2020

The Mississippi Blues Trail - Part 2

 It was well after lunch before we decided to take a ride to New Albany for a couple of Mississippi Blues Trail markers.  The weather was perfect, sunny and high 70's.  Eric mapped out a route that took us on a plethora of very small, rural lanes which was fantastic.  Well, fantastic but for the damn dogs that ran out into the street to chase us.  At one house there must have been at least a half dozen dogs from little drop kickers to Great Danes.  Good thing Eric installed that air horn on my little scooter.  Sure made the dogs pay attention, hahahahaha.  (Now don't go all postal on me - I like all size dogs and just have a habit of calling the little ones drop kickers - no offense meant!)

Anyway it was a great ride and fun to discover new areas of our adopted state.  We topped off the fuel tanks and scooted down the road a half mile or so where I grabbed this sign for my Iron Butt Tag game.  The tag was "Old".


We rolled into New Albany and I scored a Bell for the new Iron Butt Photo Tag. 

I should have been more specific and labeled the new tag as a "Physical Bell"  because the person who grabbed my tag posted this.   Hahahaha - I like people who think outside the box!


Back to the topic of this post.  Right across the street from the bell was this marker.  Roma Wilson & Leon Pinson.  You can listen to them here Wilson & Pinson music.



Then we were off to downtown New Albany to grab the Mosley & Johnson marker.  Mosley & Johnson in Concert.  This marker is located in an older neighborhood just a few blocks from downtown.  The folks sitting outside in the front yard got a wave from us as we snapped the photo.  I imagine they get quite a bit of traffic, lol.



Just a block up the road from the Mosley & Johnson marker we were delighted to find this!  William Faulkner (Wiki)




We had our two Mississippi Blues Trail markers and the Faulkner bonus and Eric asked if I wanted to see anything else in New Albany.  Yes, yes I do!  I want to go see that beautiful county Courthouse.  So back to the center of town to grab a few photos of the Courthouse and the memorials on the grounds.




Betcha Mr. Bob Higdon has been here, hahahahaha!


Our route home was a straight shot for the most part.  A bigger road meant a quicker pace and I hit 60 mph a few times.  Over the Sena intercom I heard a "thwack" and Eric said a big bug just hit him in the chest.  I laughed and said it must have been big for me to hear it.  Shortly thereafter Eric said to pull over.  We cruised into a parking lot and Eric opened his jacket and a HUGE wasp fell out (sorry, didn't think to get a picture of the villain).  Eric quickly stomped the life out of the offender but he had already made his mark on my honey.   Poor Eric 😒  


We rode about 85 miles today and I got 85 mpg!  Wowza!  We had a fun little scooter ride and I learned more about the Mississippi Blues Trail markers.  I have to say I'm really enjoying learning about these artists and have a hard time selecting what song to link to.  Needless to say, I''ve been listening to the Blues quite a bit lately 🎸🎢🎷🎹🎺

Thanks for following along.  I have no idea when or where our next Blues Trail ride will take us but it's sure to be fun!

Cheers,
Cletha & Eric 


4 comments:

  1. You're right, on September 13, 2006 @ 1016 CDT. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha! One thing I really love about Mississippi is the town squares centered on the Courthouse. Almost always a beautiful structure.

      Delete
  2. Stop. STOP! Yer killin' me. I'm now jonesing for a scooter.

    Yes, dear I know your car doesn't fit in the garage anymore. Yes I know you don't ride your own anymore. Yes, I remember and appreciate that you suggested the second bike. No, I really don't think three bikes for one rider is too many..... What? Why the heck would we need a newer boat? Don't be foolish. Uhhh.... What are you going to do with that hammer?

    [OK, don't stop. Very entertaining posts.]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, the scooters are so fun and easy! Glad you're enjoying my posts :-)

      Delete